Monday 26 May 2008

The Bill star Stewart says he is recovering

'The Bill' star Jeff Stewart said today that he is recovering, following media reports that he harmed himself after his contract with the show was not renewed.
The 52-year-old actor, who plays PC Reg Hollis in the ITV drama, has issued a statement asking the media to respect his privacy.
Stewart said in the statement: "The last few days have been very difficult for me, but I am receiving the right care and help, and am surrounded by family and friends."
"I want to confirm that I do not have any financial concerns, or indeed any other problems, as has been reported."
He also said: "I love being an actor. My work as an actor is very important to me - it's my life, and the thought of this suddenly changing had an extremely serious effect on me."
"I am feeling much better now, and am progressively improving."
Stewart has played PC Hollis since the show's launch in 1984.